2013 Honda CBR250R
Fun. Cool. Capable. CBR250R.
If you’re looking for an affordable, smart, capable and fun way to enjoy life on two wheels—have we got a bike for you: the Honda CBR250R! The fuel-injected CBR250R offers everything you want in a first-time or all-around great bike: Light weight. A powerband that’s immensely user-friendly. Excellent fuel efficiency. Unmatched reliability. And a fun factor that’s off the chart.
Since the CBR250R is a Honda, it’s full of features few other bikes in its class can match. And it offers a build quality that means you’ve got dependable cross-town or cross-country transportation.
And for 2013, there's even more color choices: Black, a new all-Red, and a new Pearl White/Blue/Red--all featuring blacked out wheels and exhaust.
Light, Narrow, Low: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR250R is narrow, and with its low 30.5-inch seat height and light 359-pound curb weight, putting your feet down in parking lots or at stoplights can be a lot easier.
The Power of One: The CBR250R uses a single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Sure that’s tech talk, but the architecture offers some very real advantages. Maybe the most important is power delivery: a single offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR250R. It's light, simple, returns excellent fuel economy, and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque–just what you want in a first motorcycle.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR250R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the new CBR250R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel economy.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR250R uses a single-shock pre-load adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride, but helps enhance handling as well, just as on some of our larger sport models.
- Disc Brakes: The new CBR250R features front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel. The single front disc helps keep things simple and lowers unsprung weight, too.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR250R's digital gauges with analog tachometer provides vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package.
- Layered Style Fairing: Take a close look at the CBR250R's unique bodywork, which is designed for style and functionality. It routes airflow for both engine cooling and rider comfort, while creating a unique sportbike style.
- Low Seat Height: A low 30.5" seat height does more than help make sure the CBR250R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots–a big confidence builder.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail, and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding–another example of the CBR250R's versatility.
- Underseat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves, or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Engine Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17 radial
- Rake: 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 98.6mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 357 lb. includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 77 MPG
- Model Id: CBR250R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Repsol
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 249.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17 radial
- 53.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.5 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.9 in. (98.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 77 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 357 lb.