2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles EE 5
Call for Price
Not to be mistaken for a training or starter motorcycle, the EE 5 is every bit as capable as its TC 50 combustion engine counterpart. Although fitted with a power-adjustable electric motor, the EE 5 is a fully-fledged competition motorcycle aimed at beginners and seasoned racers alike, featuring a competition-ready frame, WP suspension and advanced lightweight construction. Additionally, low noise and zero carbon emissions make the EE 5 more accessible to younger riders and more accepted in areas where noise emissions are restricted.
- Electric Motor: The electric motor fitted to the EE 5 produces a peak power output of 5 kW - much the same as its 2-stroke counterpart. The permanent magnet motor features an extremely compact and slim design, which is well suited to the smaller chassis. The electric motor is also air-cooled, water and dust proof, which make it largely maintenance free. Lastly, an integrated control unit (ECU) guarantees a direct, but very controllable and unintimidating power delivery.
- Battery: Powering the electric motor in the EE 5 are 84 modern lithium ion cells, mounted in a robust die-cast aluminum casing. This accounts for 907 Wh of stored energy, giving the EE 5 more than two hours of riding for a beginner and 25 min for the fastest riders - depending on the terrain and conditions. The integrated battery management system (BMS) further ensures the safety and longevity of the battery pack.
- Charger: The external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W can be connected to any 110 or 230 Volt sockets, plugging directly into the battery back for easy charging. Quick charging times of 45 minutes (80%) or 70 minutes (100%) mean more time in the saddle, and less time in the pits.
- Multifunctional Instruments: A multi-functional instrument and display is located between the steering head and seat. Here, the user can select 6 different ride modes with different power characteristics suited for pure beginners, up to experienced racers. In addition, remaining battery charge can also be seen here.
- Safety: In the event of a fall or tip over, the EE 5 is fitted with a roll-over sensor which cuts power. A wrist lanyard key also aids in cutting power to the motor in the event of an uncontrollable riding scenario. Further, all ride modes can be saved or 'locked' with the use of a dongle located below the seat. This prevents younger riders from inadvertently activating more powerful ride modes.
- Adjustable Seat Height: To cater for growing bodies and smaller beginners alike, the EE 5 features an adjustable seat height setup. The standard EE 5 seat height of 27.5 in can be quickly and easily lowered up to 25.7 in with just two steps. Alternately, an additional Suspension Lowering Kit is available from the part catalogue, which can lower the seat height further to 21.9 in, to cater for the smallest of riders.
- Frame: A high-strength chromoly steel frame has been developed to house the electric drivetrain and maintain carefully calculated parameters of longitudinal flex and torsional rigidity. This benefits handling characteristics and enhances the suspension functionality, guaranteeing precise cornering and outstanding stability.
- Suspension: The EE 5 is fitted with race-spec suspension, making it remarkably capable as a mini-racer. On the front, revolutionary lightweight WP XACT 35 mm forks offer exceptional damping and rider comfort. With 8.07 in of wheel travel, the air unit in the left fork leg can also be adjusted easily with the use of an air pump for rider preference, weight or track conditions. The rear wheel is further kept in check by a fully adjustable WP monoshock, allowing for 7.3 in of suspension travel.
- Wheels And Brakes: Mirroring the full-size motocross range, the EE 5 uses lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims, MAXXIS tires and hydraulically operated brake calipers and waved front and rear brake discs. This combination of wheels, tires and brakes provide progressive grip and advanced braking feel in all conditions.
- Handlebars: Ensuring stability and control at the helm, tapered NEKEN handlebars are mounted as standard. With a tapered diameter of 28 mm to 22 mm in the bends to cylindrical ends of 18 mm in the handhold area, the thinner diameter benefits younger riders with better grip and less fatigue. A newly developed throttle assembly for the electronic drive with a volcanized ODI grip is mounted on the right side, along with a new pad on the handlebars brace to protect the rider from any rough contact.
- Bodywork: The bodywork plastics on the EE 5 have been modelled after the successful full-size motocross range. This also gives smaller riders the same ergonomic feeling, confidence and comfort in all riding conditions. Additionally, the ergonomics and comfort allow riders to perform at their peak for extended periods of time.
- Graphics: Modelled after the full-size motocross bikes, the EE 5 features striking and modern graphics in white, yellow and light blue. This gives the EE 5 a distinctive look and differentiates its electric drive from its internal combustion counterparts. Additionally, the graphics are applied using the tested in-mold process to ensure durability and quality.
- Electric motor: 48 V - BLDC motor with outer rotor
- Rated output: 2 kW / 3,200 rpm
- Max. power: 5 kW / 3,900 rpm
- Torque: 13.8 Nm
- Cooling: Air cooled
- Traction battery: Lithium-Ion KTM PowerPack
- Energy content: 0.907 kWh
- Battery capacity: 21 Ah
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: XACT WP mono shock
- Suspension travel (front): 205 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 185 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 185 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 66 °
- Ground clearance: 252 mm
- Seat height: 684 mm
- Engine Type
- 48 V - BLDC motor with outer rotor
- Air cooled
- Front Suspension
- XACT 35 WP Upside-Down fork, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- XACT WP mono shock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Ground Clearance
- 252 mm
- Seat Height
- 684 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.