2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 250
Call for Price
Hailed as the most premium 250 4-stroke motocross motorcycle available, the Husqvarna FC 250 is engineered to keep ahead of the field. Featuring a lightweight and compact motor and PANKL gearbox with advanced electronics and ergonomics, the FC 250 maintains the leading position in the 250 4-stroke class.
- Lightweight Frame: The chromium molybdenum steel frame harnesses advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The black-anodized CNC machined triple clamps feature a rubber damping system that reduces vibration, increasing comfort. The triple clamps have been meticulously designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximizing contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimal friction.
- WP Xact Front Suspension: The WP XACT fork is lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve for pre-load, using the supplied fork pump. Compression and rebound fine-tuning is handled by tool-free click adjusters. Together with the fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Carbon Fibre Subrame: The use of carbon fiber strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the center of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fiber and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 3.1 pounds. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Engine: All major components and shaft arrangements have been carefully designed and placed in specific positions that best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the FC 250. The 250 cc engine is not only light at 57.5 pounds but also remarkably powerful. One way in which this was achieved was by engineering key components to produce the least amount of friction possible, reducing drag as a result.
- Dohc Cylinder Head: Featuring finger followers treated in a Diamond-like Carbon (DLC) coating, the DOHC cylinder head is engineered for high-level performance. Large titanium valves - 32.5 mm intake and 26.5 mm exhaust - aid the motor to rev freely towards its 14,000 rpm limit, while maintaining smooth, efficient power throughout the rev-range.
- Crankcase: The aluminum crankcases have been designed to house the internal components of the engine in the perfect position to achieve the ideal centre of gravity. The lightweight casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Exhaust System: The FC 250 exhaust system has been expertly designed to deliver the best possible performance while adhering to the FIM noise limits. The header pipe features a resonance chambers for optimal performance while the silencer is crafted from lightweight and strong aluminum.
- Map Switch: Optimized for easy operation, the map switch selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a traction control feature. Traction control works by analyzing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Electric Start: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a new compact Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 pounds lighter than a conventional battery.
- Pro Taber Handlebar: Featuring fatigue resistance at a minimal weight, the standard PRO TAPER handlebars are manufactured to exacting standards to deliver exceptional rider comfort and control.
- Odi Grips: The ODI lock-on grip on the left side does not require gluing, while on the right, the vulcanized grip features an innovative integrated throttle mechanism. The assembly has easy free-play adjustment and, by changing a cam, throttle progression can be altered.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: Feather-light clutch action and near maintenance-free operation are a few of the benefits of the MAGURA hydraulic clutch setup. Additionally, play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- Ds Clutch: The FC 250 features a (DS) Diaphragm Steel clutch. The clutch basket is engineered from a single-piece of CNC-machined steel that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Gearbox: Produced by PANKL RACING SYSTEMS, the new 5-speed gearbox is designed to be extremely light and durable while featuring specific and proven motocross-specific gear ratios.
- Brakes: The highest level of quality is guaranteed with class-leading Brembo callipers and controls. The 260 mm front and 220 mm solid rear discs deliver superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition.
- Displacement: 249.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 78 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Transmission: 5-speed
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 310 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 249.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 mm x 52.3 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.